четверг, 5 февраля 2015 г.

Update on INION fire

INION – a social sciences information institute with a huge library of over 14 million volumes – went ablaze last Friday on January 30th. The fire broke out in on the top floor of the three-story building shortly after 10 p.m. The fire was contained by early morning but its pockets continued to threaten the library till Tuesday February 3rd. INION experts entered the building only on Wednesday and had so far a very initial inspection. Probably up to a quarter of the entire storage is damaged but it is difficult to estimate so far.
My own Center for Advanced Methods in Social Sciences and Humanities has been completely destroyed with its book and documentation collection including my own two thousand books and much more articles, manuscripts etc. I am particularly unhappy about the loss of Rokkanian collection that I have been collecting for two decades already. It was the best one save the Bergen one.

My center moved into my office in HSE on Ilyinka 13, room 608. And we work there already since Monday. We have developed a page for the center and an emergency community on Facebook. INION restored its site. All INION PS postgrads are welcome to my postraduate school in HSE.

I'll keep you informed on developments

Misha

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий